good little humans

I said once I was going to blog more.

Clearly thats gone over well. Simply because... LIFE!

But here is a little update on how the Man Cubs are doing

The Bigs had parent/teacher conferences today and our teachers confirmed that, in fact, these humans we are raising are pretty great ones. It feels pretty darn good to hear.

Many years ago, our boys were often compared to other families' children. Our boys were "wild" "crazy" "didn't sit still"... I could go on because but won't because there were some unsavory adjectives. But the things that others considered negative were exactly what made them THEM. It's what made them my boys. Its what makes them like their father. It's what makes them brave. It's how they take on the world without fear.

It is what I admire.

Feeling that sort of judgement on your children and how you parent really makes you question everything; especially your sanity.

But fast forward to today, I hear far more compliments than negatives.
And the negatives... are usually from people without children who think they know more about childrearing than I.

But the compliments are gold. Pure gold. Something I deeply treasure. Stored in my heart and brought out when parenting gets hard as a sweet reminder that I am doing good.

Moving on.... to our feral child.  Little Monster.

You know my child who is totally wild, crazy, and cant sit still..... (I think I see a trend)

Yeah, that one.

The one that looks up to his big brothers, dotes on his baby brother, and protects the bugs on the ground. The one who invites strangers into our home. The one who tenderly strokes my hair and tells me he loves me.

The one who is discovering independence and entering the stage of life of being a "THREEnager"

Our days have been a little more challenge but oh has it been fun. He is growing ever more curious of the great big world around him and chasing after him as he chases his next great adventure is exhausting but great.

Baby Moosling is growing big and strong every day! He is working on crawling to keep up with the Bigs. He too adores his brothers and delights in their presence when they enter the room. He has recently discovered that food is a delicious commodity. Avocados and sweet potatoes are his favorites.

Little Moosling has quite the voice. He loves singing, cooing, and squealing. He seems to just want to make his presence known in typical youngest sibling form.




I'm proud of my boys. I'm proud to be their mama. I'm thankful everyday for they gift they are to me. That they are all wonderful, kind little humans.

I think tonight we will celebrate good school reports with pizza and ice cream!

But first.... Mama needs a nap.



*This wasn't intended to be a pat on the back or a show of what great parents we are. What started as a simple update, ended as a reminder to myself to keep going. Our little man cubs are going to be okay. Parenthood is hard and there a days upon days where we wonder if we are doing it right.
So mama (or daddy) if you are feeling less than. DON'T! Just don't! I know what its like to feel that way. You are doing the best you can. You've got this. And if any thing... know that I've got you.




Comments

Popular Posts