A hotel, a run, and a prayer.

A few weeks back my friend John asked me if I wanted to run in a race called the Baldy Blitz Fun Run. 
I have been running a lot more, and not wanting to get ragged on for saying no, I said yes. Now lets fast forward to Saturday. The day of the race. Now I said I have been running more and that is true but I failed to mention that I ran maybe 1-3 miles at a time once a week and sometimes it was during pick-up basketball games. This race was a 10mile run up Baldy who just so happens to be a 9,000 ft tall mountain.
Three of us set out on our adventure and we conquered Baldy. It was awesome! Just under 3 hours we ran 10 miles with an elevation change of over 4,000 ft. I will have to admit it was one of the hardest things I have done in a long time and I thank God I was physically strong enough to do it. 

This past week has also been a revolving door of guests through our home. When Danielle and I moved to Bozeman our whole purpose of getting a 3 bedroom place was so that friends and family wouldn't have to get a hotel. Up until this week we have only had a few handful of people stay the night since we moved here in August. Then it started Saturday with our friends Heath and Sallie visiting on their way to Oregon. Tuesday our friend Mark drove over from North Dakota to stay with us to get some much needed relaxing in from his busy job. He left Thursday, and Friday our friends Albert and Tiffany stayed the night on their way to Washington. I decided that Danielle should run a bed and breakfast. She is an incredible cook, best host ever and she is hot. We got to spend some great time with some great people. Got to hear what God has been doing all over the country in peoples lives. I am glad we serve a big God.  Hopefully we get one more person in by the end of the weekend. Come on mom want to make a visit?

The main reason I wanted to write tonight was to ask for some prayer. God has helped us plant seeds in many peoples lives from our guest in the garage to our weekly friends over for dinner. We ask that you pray that God would continue to use us for his glory. Pray those around us may see how God works in our lives through our relationship, our parenting, our friendships and how we communicate to all people the love of Jesus. 
We say this because Satan has been pushing on us, trying to hinder the work that has been done in peoples lives. He is trying to lead them astray because he knows that God is now the focus of their lives. He is trying to bring doubt in to the minds of those who now seek a deeper relationship with the true living God. 
Pray also that Danielle and I persevere through our busy summer. We have interns coming, mission trips coming, softball outreach, and kids camps to plan. 
On top of those things We have two weddings in June half way across the country. One in August and Isaac going to school in the fall. 
Pray that we can save up money to get to these major weddings, manage our time to plan for the groups coming, continue to be faithful to God in showing the lost in Bozeman who Jesus Christ is.

Thank you,
Peace out and God Bless
Andy


Comments

Popular Posts