Years of choices to change.

I know there are millions and millions of people that have done it, but it doesn't mean it makes it easier when I had to do it. I brought my oldest son to Kindergarten today. I didn't get teary or want to run him back to the car, but it has gotten me thinking.

I do a lot of reflecting. I like to look at where God has taken me over the years. Today was one of those day. I have had a bunch of choices over the last five years of my oldest child's life. Since the day he was born I had to realize that every choice I make in my life will affect his. Sounds harmless until you look at the world as a whole. Good choices have become something of the past. Realizing that our actions affect a person's life have turned in to how can I please myself. Fathers don't know who their children are mothers are calling it quits before the child is born. Ill stop now before I get to far in. That isn't where I want to go.

If you hang out with me long enough you will most likely here me say something along the lines of, "I don't want to sit down with you a year from you now and hear you going through the same struggles or going through the same motions of life."  I like to see change in peoples lives. I encourage it. I thrive off it. I push it. Ask the guys I meet with. They are probably sick of hearing it. When I sit down with someone I don't care if you make millions or your broke. I want to see change. I love when I meet someone and they say well i'm happy with who I am. You tell me that and your a dart board for me, because I love to challenge people, ask questions and encourage you to see life in a different way. I do this because I have been pushed, pulled, slammed and thrown. What I am saying is, I have struggled. I do this not so these guys see the way I live, I do this so they see the way Jesus lived. He is who has pushed, pulled, and thrown me around. God got a hold of me and said choose Jesus. He will show you how to live. He will help you with your choices. He will make your path straight. He never said easy, or wide. He said straight. I will have to do some hurdles and crawl through some mud, but my path is straight when my eyes are focused on Jesus. When my road has come to a ravine, God has already built the bridge for me with his son Jesus. He has carried me over to the other side.

This choice my oldest son Isaac made to follow Jesus almost a year ago is the reason I didn't cry or worry when we dropped him off at school this morning. He has the God of the universe on his side and is going to change his whole school and change the world. I truly believe this, because everyday Isaac and I pray this.

Change is what he wants to see in his friends. Jesus is who he wants them to look to for the change. He wants them to make a choice and change not be the same person they are today tomorrow.
I pray you make the choice to choose Jesus. It will Change your world.

-For to live is for Chirst, but to die is gain-

Andy




Comments

Popular Posts