Vision.

A few weeks ago we saw an opportunity. With that opportunity we saw a vision. We took that opportunity and in the end we purchased a 12 passenger van. Why do we need a 12 passenger van? We dont. But maybe members of our community do. So we bought a van to help those who may need a ride to work, or help the homeless guy on the corner get warm for a few hours. Or let our youth group take a trip together somewhere. We know this van will be needed and used.

Vision.
God gave us a vision and is making it happen.

Vision.
Six years ago I sat in a dorm room with some of my dearest friends. We had a vision for a Teen Center. A place for teens to go after school and weekends to hang out. A place to play basketball, a place to take a dance lesson  a place to play foose ball. A place for board games. A safe place for them to gather. A place to be.

Today 6 years later my husband caught hold of that vision. I was some what thrown off guard. Six years and parenthood has changed me. I start thinking numbers, I start thinking about the How's, Why's and When's. I've forgotten about the passion I once had for the youth of our nation.

I was blessed as a teenager to have 2 locations to gather. I believe having those options kept me from making destructive choices as a teen. Our community needs this. Our teenagers need to have an option. During these cold Montana winters there arent many options aside from the wintery weather activities, but those things get expensive. They need a place that is free.

I've finding myself overwhelmed. I'm scared. The thought of this dream, this big audacious dream my friends and I had 6 years ago is spreading. The Why- I know. Yet the  How's and When's are still spinning through my head. But with all the things that have passed in the last year, I've learned that God is bigger. And those questions will be answered in time.

This vision of a teen center is going to happen.



 
God gave us a vision, and He will make it happen.





Comments

Popular Posts