... And Not Us.

Lately, I have been blown away by Isaac and Liam's prayers. They are unprompted and genuine 

"God help me not have selfishness and pride."
"God, thank you for my family."
"Jesus, I want to have you more in my heart."

Isaac's prayer at dinner tonight has been stirring in my heart. 

"Jesus, help us to let you be King, and not us" - Isaac, age 6

I am so thankful for that reminder today. We need to let Jesus be King. He is King! I find myself often trying to take control over my life from Him. And instead of becoming the ruler of my kingdom, I'm left taking over the place of the Jester. The fool. 

What is wonderful about our King, is that instead of seeing me as a fool. He stands me up and remind me that I am a Daughter of the King. His Child. 

My prayer for my boys is that they would not let themselves be fooled by the world. But acknowledge their place as children of God. As Sons of the King. 

Comments

Popular Posts