Slow Down

SLOW DOWN, DANIELLE! SLOW. IT. DOOOOooooooown.

I have been rushing lately. Most importantly I have been rushing my boys. And really for no reason at all. Typically I like to take my time with things. But apparently teaching my children is not one of them.Ouch.

So, am I willing to slow down for myself, slow down for others, but not for my own children? This my friends is no bueno; very selfish of this mama.

My Little Bear is the one I rush the most. He moves at a snail pace. Maybe even slower than a snail pace. Sloth? Nematode? Molasses? How slow is that? It's slow.

My little man cub just likes to take his time and essential he really does take after me. I unfortunately have had much of the worlds business and rush of life having influence on me.

My precious little cub. For the last few months, I have been trying to rush him through his school work. And was reminded this morning that the beauty of homeschooling is that we can take whatever pace he needs too. He is still learning and grasping the concepts. He still takes it all in.

So thanks Little Bear, for reminding mama to slow down, to savor every bit of life, and taking a long deep breath.

Also, for reminding me that your 6th birthday is quickly approaching...... Seriously, kid, stop growing up so fast!

Comments

Popular Posts