God Answered Questions

I took a minute to read through my journal entries from the past week, I do it on a regular bases to look back and see what my prayers and thoughts have been.  Its always exciting to me to see the weeks when I might have been struggling with something and as the days went on God took care of the situation. 

This week was especially an exciting time in my journal writing, and I thought it would be appropriate to tell you  all a little bit of what God has been teaching me this week. As Danielle and I have blogged about today was our 1st preview service. A 10am Sunday morning church service. Here is where my thoughts might conflict with a few of yours but bare with me, its from my journal. 
A Sunday morning  service? Why? Whats so different about that? That is what every church is doing. We are to be the church everyday not just Sunday. If "non-church" people aren't going on Sunday shouldn't we be hanging out with them where they are? I like watching football can't we have a Tuesday service? As you can see I was really struggling through this. 

I had a lot of questions for God and the greatest part about my questions is that He has answered them and continues to answer them. Each day this week He has revealed to me the why. He started by letting me know that He is in control. He also told me that its not about me. Didn't take me long to realize that Sunday football was a pretty selfish desire. Then he started to open up some more realizations. One is the reason why we moved up here. The United States does need more churches, more churches closed there doors this past year than opened.  That just goes to show that we as a church aren't being the church out side of the walls of a building. It also answers why people aren't coming to church. You are not inviting them, hence the closings. He also said yes I told you to be the church, but more specific He told us to spread the Gospel to the ends of the earth and make disciples. That is very important. The part that God is still working with me on is day and time. The best answer He has been revealing to me is that the western world isn't ready "yet" to brake out of the mold of Sunday is "church day". Its not that its bad, but has hurt Christianity. It has told believers to go on Sunday get your fill of God and go home. Just that Go and don't bring anyone and don't go home and share what you learned just make sure you come back next Sunday. 

Creating a new way of thinking. That is what we are developing here in Bozeman. Bring back the teachings of Acts. Love God, Love People, Serve Others. If you do the first the second two come easy. Try it this week, should be an easy challenge this week since its Christmas time and more people are thinking about the meaning of Christmas. Take time to pray and read your Bible. 
You focus on God and He will show you who you need to love and serve, and your Sunday won't be a question of doubt but a way to celebrate what God has done through the week in you, and the new people you invited. 

I know this because it works, just ask the 35 adults and 12 kids that the Venture team have been praying for living life with, serving, and loving on everyday of the week for the past 3 months. These people came to a Sunday celebration. Today! To gather and learn more about how they can Love God, Love People and Serve Others.

That is my prayer for all of you. 
Peace out God Bless 
Andy





Comments

Popular Posts