The other side.

I have had a lot of time to think about this blog. Its almost been a month since I have sat down and let everyone know what God has been doing in our lives. We are two weeks out from our 1st preview service with Venture. We are going to be celebrating together at 10am on Dec 18 if you could be praying.

The Venture crew served downtown on Saturday night at the Christmas stroll. A big party to kick of the Christmas season. Food, hay rides, hot chocolate, Santa, a live nativity scene. All the good stuff. A few of us got a chance to help with the hay rides. They had 2 huge horses pulling twenty people at a time around downtown. The other half of the crew handed out free hot chocolate and cider to the people waiting. The most asked question of the night was. How much for the hot chocolate?

I have been thinking about that question. Not so much how much hot chocolate is, but that people are asking a church how much something costs. Are that many churches out there selling things? Do people assume that churches are out to get your money? I'm not going to speak for all people or all churches, but I believe the sad part is they both are true. I am in no way saying people aren't to give to the church. That I believe is very important. It is a principle that God  has given all of his followers and we need to follow and honor that. Especially when it comes to our finances. 

We want people to see the serving side of the church. The sacrificial side. The well help in time of need at no extra cost side. The God loves you and you need help side. The you get free hot chocolate side because its cold out and we want to make you feel warm in-side. The hard part about that side of the church is its the selfless side. The its not about me side. The others first side.

The church can't change this perception, but we as individuals in the church can. That change starts in our own hearts. For me it is a daily choice to put others first. It is a constant prayer that God will use me to serve others in a manner that has no strings attached. I pray that all of you this next week would be selfless. Pray the prayer I pray everyday. God help me to put others first, no strings attached,  and watch what He will do. I believe with my whole heart that if you pray that prayer believer or not. God will change you. And if you are a person who says the church just wants your money. When you start to pray this selfless prayer, you to will see the difference between those churches that ask for money and those that people want to give to, because you to will want to give to a church that is serving as you now are.
Live the life of selfless serving this week.
Until next time.

Peace out and God Bless.
Andy





Comments

Popular Posts