My journey around the world.


"There are, throughout our lives, opportunities that come along. For all opportunities, a crossroads is made evident, a choice needs to be made. Now this choice is like the proverbial path, varying in it’s width in comparison to the other road. Some paths eventually meet back up, others change the destiny of the traveler forever. I find it no coincidence that the Bible often uses the term path to describe the road ahead.  I find myself at one of those divergent points." - Brent Powell 
This quote represents how I have been feeling the last three months. As some of you know I am 6 weeks away from embarking on a grand adventure through the country of Nepal. There are 24 of us going on this trip. We will be gone from May 6th until May 21st. Some of our team will be staying in the capital Kathmandu, spending time with orphan’s among multiple children’s homes. They will also be spending time with victim’s of human trafficking, helping to rehabilitate and restore their lives.  I will be travelling, mostly on foot, on a 70+ mile journey through the Himalayas delivering the Gospel, recorded onto hand crank MP3 players in the local languages. We also will be delivering some basic supplies along the way. 
The team and I are preparing for this trip in many ways. The first is through daily reading our Bibles, praying and memorizing scripture. The second is through getting in physical shape by hiking and running. 
 I have learned so much already through preparing for this trip and one of those ways is never underestimate God. When his word says "go" He is serious. God said for all of us that know him, to, "Go in to all the world and tell them about His love." I realize that the $3,000 dollars that it will take for me to go is just a number when it is compared to the seriousness of God telling me to, "go." I know some of you believe the same thing and will financially support me. I know that some of you will support me through making sure I have the right equipment to make the journey. I also know that most of you will help me in the greatest way and that is through prayer. 

Financially I do need $3,000 dollars for this trip, this will cover me physically getting to and from Nepal to tell the Nepal people about Jesus.

Supplies: I need the right equipment to be hiking in these remote areas. The right shoe's, hiking pack, protein snacks,(they don't eat beef in Nepal.) water bottle with a filter in it to purify the water I drink. Flash lights,(batteries) a sleeping bag and a tent. All of these things I will be carrying so have to fit in my pack. 
We are also collecting small stuffed animals to take to the children in the orphanages if you would like to help in that way. 

Prayer: I will be physically, mentally, and spiritually challenged on this journey. Pray that I would love the people of Nepal, serve them in extreme ways and that the testimonies of God's work would change the lives of those we tell back home. Pray that God would be glorified in what we accomplish for His kingdom. One last prayer request. Pray for my beautiful wife and children back home. Pray Danielle doesn't worry, pray that she will continue to look to God for her strength. Pray that the boys continue to be great listeners and that they help mom around the house. Thanks!

If you want to help me in any of these ways, please let me know. I would like to thank you and be praying for you also.

Mail: Andy Holm 
312 S 9th ave 
Bozeman MT 59715
Please write checks to Venture Church and in the Memo write Nepal trip Andy Holm

Email: andy@venturechurch.us or a facebook message 
Phone: 406-600-7736

I am excited to partner with God on this adventure around the world.
To see more information on our trip visit www.venturechurch.us

 Colossians 3:23-24 
Whatever you do, work at with all your heart, as if working for the Lord and not for man, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 

Comments

Popular Posts