First Day of School

Queue dramatic music. The boys have started school and they have a new teacher.


Don't let this woman's smile fool you. She is INSANE and certainly cannot be qualified to be teaching children!!!
Seriously.... INSANE!!!
LOOK AT THOSE PANTS!!! 

The boys were excited about school today. Woke up at 7:00am sharp (on their own accord). Ate breakfast and got ready for the day. Dressed. Check. Brush Teeth. Check. Comb Hair. Check. Bed Made. Check.
Impatiently wait for teacher to finish cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. CHECK!

These cuties were super pumped for the first day of school. HOLMSCHOOL.

Isaac on the first day of 2nd Grade

Liam on the first day of Kindergarten


And their crazy teacher? She was relieved of duty. So Mom took over.


School started around 8:00ish. We worked on a book called "I Am Special." The boys filled out things about themselves; eye color, hair color, family, favorite things, and what they want to be when they grow up.
Isaac wants to be a basketball player, which was also his answer in kindergarten as well. Liam wants to be a chef? Really?! I was a little surprised but Liam has always loved helping in the kitchen and "wants to be a chef like Mom."
We worked handwriting, reading, and math. Had fun doing some engineering with a train set. And an egg is sitting in vinegar so we can observe what will happen it tomorrow.



Even though I would say today was a success. I am still very nervous about the upcoming year. I'm so afraid that I will not push my children hard enough; that they will not be on level with their peers. It always comes down to my fear of inadequacy. But God is sufficient. He wouldn't have called us to this if He didn't think we could. Actually, I take that back. That's a lie. Sometimes God asks us to do things that we may not be totally capable of doing on our own because we need Him. He wants us to rely on Him. And I am going to.. Because I won't be able to do this on my own. He's got my back. And with His help and by His grace, its going to be a great year.

Comments

Popular Posts