Predictions

I am anxiously awaiting this next week. We'll find out whether our precious gift, our little miracle, is a boy or a girl. Now if you ask the boys, it's a girl. And, quite frankly, they really are not interested in having another brother in the family. My funny little cuties. We are still trying to figure out how we will tell the boys.... maybe with the appropriate colored silly string.

But as we patiently wait for our appointment next week, I've looked at a few gender prediction wives tales. Just for fun.

If the baby's heart beat is over 140 it's a girl, under it's a boy
Last time I went in the heart beat was 153. Girl

If you are craving sweets it's a girl, sour (or salty) it's a boy.
I have my days of craving salty, but most days it's sweets. Chocolate milkshake, anyone? Girl. 

If your husband is gaining weight with you it's a girl, if not it's a boy.
Andy isn't gaining any weight. Boy.

If you have severe morning sickness it's a girl, no sickness it's a boy.
Now comparing my morning sickness to my previous pregnancies, this time around has been the WORST. Bleh. Girl.

If you sleep on the right side it's a girl. On the left it's a boy.
I tend to fall asleep on my left, but always wake up on my right. So we'll say girl?

Drano and pee..... yeah. Not trying that. But I did try 2 tablespoons of baking soda mixed with my pee... ew. If it stays flat it's a girl. If it fizzles it's a boy.
It fizzled. Boy

Acne? A little girl steals your beauty, a boy makes you glow.
I've had a few break outs, certainly more than usual. However, I have also had a bit of a glow this first half of my pregnancy. Inconclusive.

If you carry high, it is a girl, low it is a boy.
Now, I can't tell. Andy can't tell. I can barely see my belly. Honestly it just looks like I ate too much cheese. Inconclusive

I still don't quite know how the Chinese Gender Predictor test works.
But it says we are having a girl.

Girl- 5
Boy-2
Inconclusive- 2

Well it seems as if the Old Wives have spoken and we are having a girl. Isaac and Liam would certainly agree. As for Andy and I, we are just grateful. This was a very unexpected gift, and even still, it is so surreal. I am reminded daily of our new reality by a gentle kick from our baby. Boy or girl this little one is already so deeply treasured. What joy it will be to give our precious one a name and to hold them in 20 more weeks.

So do you have any predictions? What will this baby be for the Montana Holms? A boy or a girl?

Comments

Popular Posts