He is still good.

I've been watching the tree tops from my window. The wind is violently whipping the branches back and forth and around.

I am feeling so much like that tree. Firmly planted in my faith in Christ yet as storms come, my emotions whip around.

This past weekend we faced a storm. One we have face before but no less painful.

I was 6 weeks pregnant and on Monday I miscarried.

We were certainly surprised by this pregnancy. I had, on a whim, bought a pregnancy test. Only to be surprised by those two faint lines.

I catch myself. Dismissing the fact that it was 'only' six weeks, because often I feel that our society and culture asks me to dismiss it.

But the reality is: it doesn't make it any less painful when that child is loved and cherished, so small in the womb; suddenly gone.

I am hurting. But all I can think at this time is "God is still good." Because He is.

I am counting my blessings. My husband. My three sons. And the fact that this loss was far less traumatic is it could have been. The potential for another ectopic pregnancy is high; so I am thankful it was not something we had to face again.
I am thankful for the few friends I've told after the fact, how they have come together to care for my heart, my family, and share my grief.

I have much to be thankful for. God is still good.

I share this because I know that miscarriages happen much more often than we think.
I share this because I want you to know that if you have experienced one, you are not alone in your grief.
I share this because there are people that will walk those hurts in life with you.
I share this because I will walk with you if you let me.

I share this because I know that at the end of the day God is still good.

To my family and dearest friends:
Please know that I am deeply sorry that this is how you are finding out this news. But for the sake of my heart, this is just what was easiest for my heart. Know how deeply I love each of you.

My love always,

Danielle


Comments

Popular Posts