MAIL'S HERE!

Over the last 3 weeks, we've been watching the mail. Avoiding really. I LOVE getting mail! But I hate bills. (But don't we all!). Over the last three weeks we've received a steady stream of bills from my surgery. Two hundred turned into four hundred. Then skyrocketed to $12,000.

A few weeks ago, I was on the verge of a major anxiety attack. The biggest of bills had just come in. I paced around the kitchen wondering, "How on earth?" "What will we do?"

I sat down at the table. Head in my heads.

"God, What am I going to do?"

The phone rang.

It was the Hospital's Financial Services Department. Letting me know that I could be eligible for Financial Assistance.

"Oh, well, thanks God." The answer was easy enough.

I applied.

Yesterday, I headed to the hospital for yet another blood draw, so they could see my hCG levels were still going down. I stopped in at the Financial Services Office to see where my account stood.

That $12,000 dwindled to less than $700. Seriously!?!?! Oh yes, seriously. I had to ask the lady at the desk multiple times through out our conversation.

While I am aware I still may have a few more bills that may trickle in from this surgery. And that they may not be covered because "Dr. So and So" and "This Lab Stuff Over Here" is independent from the hospital. I am okay. I'm still not scared.

God through this entire process has taken care of everything. Literally EVERYTHING! Its all fallen into place. I had the right people at the right time to walk with me through it all. My husband came home 2 days early from his trip. My body has healed quickly. And the biggest of bills is gone. POOF!

I am over the moon, so thankful.

I just wanted to share that little bit of joy I had yesterday with you.


Comments

Popular Posts