Just call me Susie. Susie HOLMmaker.

 Before the decision to move I had made another big decision. I was going to start baking and making treats and snacks for the boys that would be somewhat healthier than store bought junk food. Especially for our road trip. It is so easy to buy "road trip food/snacks" but most of it is chalk full of junk. So in the mist of packing I've taken some time to bake some good.

 Bread. Yum. Love fresh baked bread, rolls, anything fresh baked just rocks. So I'm avoiding trips to the grocery store if I can, baking bread if we need it. But I made these two lovely loaves the other day. Took one and froze it. When we need it I will let it thaw and it will be awesome! Speaking of freezing stuff... When we do long trips in the car we bring our own food so we don't have to stop at McDonald's everytime we get hungry. Some deli meat and cheese with homemade rolls are sooooo yummy and satisfying on the road! Better yet it doesn't make you feel like you ate a rock afterwards. So I have some rolls, froze them, and the day before our move, they will thaw and bake. Mmm So fresh!
Another yummy treat for the road. Oatmeal Apple Muffins.
I made these babies the other day as well and they too are chillin out in the freezer. Come moving day, moist muffins will be ready to eat.


 Mmmmmmmm Granola Balls--->
Think granola bars but in awesome bit sized ball shape. Perfect for Isaac and Liam's little hands




 Cue Protein Bars. These babies are made from dates, cashews, almonds, dried cranberries, very delish. The picture below is of bars right after they got out the oven. They have been cut into bars and wrapped for later consumption!
Last but not least Homemade Oreos While the beauties arent on the menu for our trip I did tell my sister in law that I would make them for her. And these cookies rock. 









I also took a few extra cookies and put ice cream on them. Mmm Ice cream sandwiches!
Did you catch the craziness of my hair happening over here... Thats for another post. ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts