Thank God!

I read a blog today written by a great friend. He has some amazing writings. I think everyone should check his blog out. Http://NatJacobson.Wordpress.com/ The blog I think everyone should read is You Sound Stupid. It is a very well, honest perspective on words.

Danielle, the boys, and I got back from North Dakota on Monday night, where we spent a week visiting my mom, most of my brothers,most of my sisters, and all of the nieces and nephews. If you know my family, that is a lot of people under one roof. If you know me. It wasn't enough people. I had all my friends visiting at some point during the week. I thought it was a great week. If you ask some of the other family members it might have been a little over crowded at times. I love my family very much and I thank God for all of them everyday. 

I believe it is very important to thank God for the people in our lives; Danielle and I have instilled that in our boys. When they pray, you better be ready to hear them tell God they are thankful for you. Even as young as they are, they both tell us at least 3 things or people they are thankful for. Their thankfulness ranges from my pillow to my grandma, or my cup to the children in Africa. The part that I love most about the boys' thankfulness is it comes with joy. They are overjoyed to thank Jesus and each night its more authentic and enthusiastic. It's not uncommon for them to thank God for every person they have ever met. If you have been in our home when the boys are getting ready for bed then you have, maybe not by choice, heard and held hands with the boys as they pray and thank God that you came to visit them. 

 But Jesus called the little children to Him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:`16 Our boys have been our biggest supporters of living a missionary life style in Bozeman. Today at the park Liam told a little girl that Jesus is God's son. Then Isaac not wanting to be out done by his little brother, screamed it at her. Their faith in God was verbal, an outward expression of what their little hearts believe. Jesus is who He said He was, God's son. They are constantly with out shame or a doubt telling people about Jesus. When is the last time you screamed at someone your age that Jesus is God's son?

I wanted to start the new year off with a writing that would challenge you. Everyday is a new day but if a new year helps you start something new, why not use it. My challenge for you is, If you don't pray, start. Start by telling God how thankful you are for your pillow, or your cup. It doesn't matter how big or small God just wants you to talk to Him. Second get in to the Bible so you can learn more about Jesus, "God's son". Even if you don't know God now, do these two things and you will be thankful for eternity. If you want help starting somewhere ask me. Ill pray and read with you. 

Peace out and God Bless,
 Andy

Comments

Popular Posts