All the Poor and the Powerless

I have a lot to be thankful for. I say this because over the last few months God has been doing something in my life, something extraordinary. God has taken a man that thought that he could do it all on his own, only relying on God because it was a good thing to say to his friends or co-workers. 
He has opened my eyes and removed the blinders. I now see the young child that no one loves. In anger he lashes out at his teachers and friends. The young man that works a job he hates so that he can make enough money to go to the bar and hook up for a night. The mom who's husband abused her then left her with three children to provide for on her own. The aging man that feels like no one cares about him because he doesn't fit in with the normal society. The professional that works nonstop to pay off loads of debt built up from years of spending on things that make him look good in the worlds eyes. 

God has revealed to me the broken side of man. The side that He see's everyday. The side that has changed me forever. For that I am thankful. Yes thankful, that I get to be a part of what Jesus has started when He walked the earth. I get to help these people find the true meaning of life, a purpose, a hope, a strength, a Savior the living God, Jesus Christ. That is why I wake up every morning. That is what drives me. This is why God put me in Bozeman. 

Thankfulness comes in many forms. My boys tell me all the time how they are thankful for their pillows, and bears. I also think we need to be thankful that we know Jesus Christ as our God, Lord and Savior.
With this truth I hope you ask God to break your heart for what breaks His. That you will see what He see's and act on it. Start at home with your family, or your girlfriend, boyfriend, co-worker, mom, dad. Don't wait because people don't have eternity. You will and I know I don't want to sit in eternity thinking about opportunities that I passed on because I was blinded.


Praying that if you are one of the poor, powerless, and broken that you will find refuge in Jesus. Those of you that follow Jesus, persevere your reward will be great. Go be thankful that you get to tell people about God. 

Peace out and God Bless



Comments

Popular Posts