Thankful.

It's Friday.

Its been exactly 1 week since this all started. At this time a week ago, we were still pregnant. At this time, Isaac was in school, Liam was chillin' with the babysitter, Andy was in Bangkok, and I was waiting. Waiting for results. How quickly our world changed.

For the most part, things have been okay. I've had few low moments; when sadness was all consuming. It was probably not at all helpful that its been raining for the last week.
My body is still healing. The bruising is almost gone and the scars are starting to itch. I guess that's a good sign.

As for today, I am thankful. Thankful for sunshine. And the sound of birds singing. And my children laughing, singing, and the noise they are making. Really! As obnoxious as it is, I'm thankful to hear it.

Bahahaha Isaac just whispered loudly to Liam...."I farted"

Little things like that make me smile. I am so happy to have my boys in my life. Liam has amped up the charm. Or maybe I've become more keen in noticing what wonderful little creatures they are.

I'm thankful for grace. Sometimes showing grace isn't on my Top 10 List of things for the day. In the last week I've been asked about "What was going on with my baby" and "When's the baby due?" (<-- this reminds me of a hilarious Brian Regan joke. I'm thankful for a sense of humor.)
I'm thankful that my heart has been in check during those moments. And that the best I can do is show grace. And be honest. Not angry or upset that someone would dare ask.
I'm thankful for my friends for writing THIS. It's been a blessing to me.

I'm thankful for a lot of things. My family. Andy. My friends. The doctors. The nurses. Modern Medicine. The fact that my pregnancy with Liam was totally healthy. I'm thankful for my life I have with Andy. What an adventure we've had so far in our 4 1/4 years of marriage. I'm thankful to have his hand in mine to walk with me through life.

I'm thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts