Neighbors

There is this sweet little girl that lives across the way. She is 4 years old, had a cute "Ann Marie" Hair cut (dont know what that is look up All Dogs Go To Heaven), and rides bike like a champ. She is so sweet but my heart breaks every time I see her smiling face. See she is usually playing outside alone. Her parents sit inside, watching TV, or doing whatever it is that they do. The only times I see them is if they are out on their porch having a smoke, or walking their pit bulls.
(Which by the way I am terrified of. I love dogs but those.... ish. I pick up my boys whenever they are near. I've already had one growl at me. Evil dogs)
Anyway, It seems there is a lack of relationship there. I mean I know they care for their daughter. Isaac invited her and another neighborhood kid over for lunch one day. Which I love, but the rule in our house is they cant come over unless their parents know and gave them permission to come in. I told the little girl she needed to go ask her parents if it was okay. She went up to her place and I went to make lunch. A few minutes later she came in. The kids all sat down for lunch and a few minutes later I could hear her mom yelling her name. I knew then, she didnt ask.
I brought her outside and apologized to her mom. They said it was "okay" but then proceeded to chew out their little girl who argued helplessly that she "did ask but you didnt listen mommy"
We dont think she is allowed over anymore. Every time Isaac tries to invite her she says she cant come in our house. Yesterday we invited our other neighbor and her 3 kidlets over for lunch. Isaac asked the little girl if she want to come eat to. She of couse couldnt come in. We intentionally ate lunch outside in case she wanted to join us. But her mom quickly came to bring her inside.
Andy and I have challenged ourselves to get into the hearts and minds of this little girl and her parents. We seek to understand them. As well as the other neighbors in our complex.
We would really like to invest in getting a large deep freezer. So that we can buy 1/2 a buffalo or beef to freeze.We want to be able to have cookouts and invite all our neighbors.Because really who passes up FREE food! Yep nobody.

Please be praying for us as we look for that deep freezer and that opportunity comes to talk to the little girls parents.
Please be praying for the right job for Andy (or myself) to come along.

oh Oh OH AND if you would like updates on the progress on how Venture Church is coming please let me know. There is a emailing list we can put you on. We are looking for those who are interested in being prayer warriors for the church and this new venture we are taking on.

Comments

Popular Posts