*HeadPalm*

Those moments when you say "DOH!!" aaaaaaaaand slap yourself in the forehead= *HeadPalm*

My friend Hannah says that quite often and I too find myself sarcastically thinking "Oh way to go Danielle..." Followed by me slapping my forehead. 

This morning I had a serious SERIOUS head-palm moment. 

Andy quit his job yesterday. No more construction work for him. Andy is committing himself to ministry full time. And while I knew this was coming, I wasn't prepared for the emotional backlash my brain and body were going to serve me. 

Ya know like in Lord of the Rings? When Gollum has THIS fight with himself.....

Okay, so that's kinda how I felt, just not so creepy. I hope you get the analogy I'm making. 
I was absolutely TERRIFIED that because Andy doesnt not have a "conventional" job that our family wont be provided for. At the same time I know that God has always and will provide what we need. 

I let the devil pour doubt into my heart and it got the best of me.  He found the button that needed to be pushed and he hit it..... HARD. And instead of letting Andy know right away, I let thoughts, worries, and stress fester in my mind and heart. Last night I had a full on mental and emotional breakdown. Alligator tears and hyperventilating.

This morning I had my head-palm moment and regretted every minute of doubting the power God has. 

So no more doubting that God will answer our Sun Stand Still Prayer. He is answering it every day and will exceed my expectations. I have faith He will do miraculous things. 

Comments

Popular Posts