Favorite Things Pt 2: The Kid Things

Again... I am in no way paid to promote any of these items. These are products I love and I want to tell you about them!


Monster and Moose are displaying some of theirs (and Mama's) favorites.  Lets start with that Brushed Muslin Bison Quilt from Little Unicorn

We love blankets and quilts. All the snuggly things! With every babe I've bought some sort of blankie for them. The bigs all have a smaller mink type blanket and I had intended on doing the same with our littlest man. When I saw this quilt I fell in love. Moose needed to have it! Its cold in Montana, so the weight and warmth of it is just perfect.

Now somehow when you have a baby you end up with all sorts of receiving blankets and swaddles. Most receiving blankets are just so small there is really nothing to them other than using them for a burp cloth. I like size of a good muslin blanket. The Aden & Anias ones are great as are the ones that Tarjay(Target)  sells, but the name I forget

Little Mooseling and his favorites.
But then I stumbled upon these AMAZING Tula Blankets. They are so incredibly soft and warm. They are made from 100% bamboo. They are hypoallergenic, antibacterial, UV protecting, and anti-static; which is a pretty big deal in the dry, dry north! These blankets came in a 3 pack. And the designs are just GORGEOUS!
Keeping on the subject of snuggles. I happened upon Jellycats a few years ago. They are the most darling stuffed animals. They are well made, quirky little creatures. And oh! are they just so so soft. Moose has a Marty Moose and a Wooly Mammoth, Monster has a Dragon that we have affectionately named "Mo" as in BoheMOth. We also have a Cordy Roy Elephant and a Cordy Roy Cat that I snagged second hand.

Now this is a Kid O Free Play Magnatab. Now I'm not one buy my kidlets something every time we walk into a store. It's never been my thing. However when you walk into a store and this holds your child's attention for over 30 minutes while you have a leisurely conversation with the store manager about life, babies, and all the soft things. Then it might be something worth considering. So I bought it. THEN it continued to hold his attention for another 45 minutes once we got home. THEN it held Iz and Bear's attention all afternoon. AND THEN when Andy got home he had fun playing with it too! It has been a huge hit for our whole family. Now you can say, "But Danielle, its pretty much a magna doodle" and I would say you're right. But with this the little magnetic balls inside the pad pop up, it makes noise, it's tactile. Therefor perfect for little boys.

Grovia
Both Monster and Moose use Grovia Cloth Diapers. The company based out of Bozeman, and I love shopping local. They have some of the cutest prints. And the diaper design makes it very easy to use. Monster's favorite pair are his pandas and fortunately we have 4 pandas. They also make these really adorable Unders that are pretty rad. We are working (very leisurely) on potty training. I should probably work on it more... but meh.... we'll get there.

The Grovia head quarters is right next door to my FAVOOOORITE baby boutique The Natural Baby Company, which is where I always end up finding my next favorite thing.


Peat Basewoolies & Roan Playwoolies +
wool wash & a shaver to keep wool like new
So now my current and biggest baby obsession are sustainablebabyish | sloomb wool pants. Now the only reason I originally bought a pair was because

1. I had been curious about the novelty of these "fancy pants"
2. It has been cold and wool is warm
3. It was on sale

Bonus: THEY ARE SO SOFT

These are 100% Extra Fine Merino Wool designed to be both pants AND covers for cloth diapers. They are durable. They are beautiful. They are biodegradable. Seriously. It takes 9 months for merino wool to break down once buried in soil* so long as it isn't chemically treated. I just love it. These are ethically sourced, dyed using natural dyes, and won't spend 100 years clogging up landfills.

I expect these to last a long time between the two of them. The some of the knits are pretty stretchy. A few of the ones I bought for Moose (6-18 months) fit Monster!! And there is definitely room to grow in the ones I bought for him too (18-24 months)

Ps. They make big kid and adult versions. The Bigs have hinted that the idea of cozy wool sounds awesome

"Tabby" Basewoolies 
"Stop taking pictures Mom!"
"Jaeger" Double Cuff Trackers
"Roan" & "Lacuna" D Trackers
We love our woolies & each other. 




Alright. We'll I think this for the most part rounds out my favorite things.

Nope I lied.

Favorite Mom Snack that can be eaten quickly without sharing:





              Seriously. So good.

Alright, now I'm done I'm sure I can think of a million more things to love that I could call a "Favorite" (ei... Rock & Play, Dr. Brown Baby Bottles, but I'm calling it quits.

HAPPY FRIYAY Y'ALL!



Comments

Popular Posts