Weight

I'd like to think that every once in a while I have these amazingly profound thoughts. In reality, it's because it is 3:00 am, I'm fumbling to feed a baby, and hardly coherent. Any thoughts that come at that time seem profound.


Yesterday I got my hair cut. And the conversation my stylist and I kept having was how much weight would be lifted with this cut. She was right; 5+ inches of hair chopped feels so good. I had been getting my hair caught in everything: the seatbelt, my baby's hands, my food, zippers, and its been incredibly dry so my hair was also a static mess. 





(Side note: My precious boys before they even saw my hair told me that no matter what I had done, it was beautiful. I am so thankful for the encouragement my little men give me. There is something about the way a child says "Mama you are beautiful" that just makes a mama's heart burst. )


But back to that weight. During my 3:00 am wakefulness and awareness of the lightness of my hair, I thought


"What other weight in my life do I need to cut?" 

What is holding me down; holding me back? What are the things that keep me from being a better me? 
I'm still processing this question for myself. I am constantly eliminating things in my life. Clutter. Toxic people. More clutter. So it's just a matter of looking around and within myself to find the next cut.

 But what about you?

Is there something weighing you down? What do you need to cut?




Comments

Popular Posts