My Favorite Things Pt 1

"Sing us a song you're the piano man"

Just kidding. You are actually Julie Andrews, frolicking about singing about "Favorite Things"

Yesterday I had a partial odontectomy or coronectomy, it is the removal of the crown of the wisdom tooth and leaving the root under the gums. My wisdom teeth were partial impacted and roots were dangerously long. My oral surgeon said the coronectomy was the best course of action as opposed to just fully taking out the full tooth. Doing so meant saving my face from permanent numbness or a possible jaw break. So today, I'm thankful for a quiet day for recovery with two of my little favorite people.

Anyway, today I am just singing about my favorite things. And I'll start by adding this: I am in no way paid to promote any of the things listed. These are legit things I am loving right now. Some are products/things we have used for a long time, others are new finds that I wish I had found sooner. So here we go.

Heath & Wellness

Essential Oils
I have been using essential oils for 3 years now. I make all our lotions, face serums, Andy's beard oil, mustache wax, and aftershave balm, and so much more. Andy refers to all my oils as my "apothecary" And rightful so, we use our oils for just about EVERYTHING. Over the last few weeks of dealing with wisdom teeth pain I made a blend to help with the discomfort and inflammation. It definitely helped. I'm also crediting my blend with helping keep the swelling and bruising down on my cheeks post surgery.
Todays Favorite Blend: Copiaba, Frankincense, Roman Chamomile, & Lavender. Applied with a roller bottle to my jaw.

(If you are going to look into essential oils look into a reputable company: doTerra, Young Living, Mountain Rose Herbs. Don't just order junk off Amazon, or something you randomly found at a big box store. Not all oils are created equal, many cheaper brands are just that cheap, often filled with synthetics.)

Thrive by Le-Vel
Andy and I have been taking Thrive for almost 4 years now. The Thrive Experience is a 3 part system taken first thing in the morning. You have your capsules, lifestyle shake mix, and DermaFusion Technology foam. It's a premium grade product filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, and amino acids. Now there is definitely more than just the 3 products these days. But the "Experience" a main part of our health regimen.
I will say that today I am particularly thankful for my Thrive lifestyle shake, considering I'm on a soft food diet for the next few days and its nice to know I'm still getting the nutrients my body needs.





Elderberry Syrup
This cold and flu season has been a real bugger. To keep our family's immune system boosted, we've turned to elderberry syrup. And so far so good! I typically purchase it at our local Co-Op, but it can also be found at Amazon-----> HERE



Around the House

Charlie's Soap: Laundry Powder
I LOVE this laundry detergent. I happened upon this during my search for a detergent to safely clean my cloth diapers. I ended up switching to use it for all our laundering needs. Everything smells and looks clean and fresh. I love that its a "green" product, hypoallergenic, and safer for the environment.

Norwex
Over the past few years I have found that most household cleaners give me pretty horrible headaches. Many are heavily scented and even those that are "fragrance free" aren't. Last year, my girl Julie, introduced me to Norwex. And I love it (thus the reason its on the list) There are several of the Norwex cloths that I use. I mostly use the Enviro cloths for cleaning most surfaces. The dust mitt for dusiting (derp), and the window cloths for making my windows, mirrors, and chrome surfaces glow with a streak free shine.
I also use their body cloths and make-up remover cloths.

Bath & Body


Shea Moisture
Now I have been wanting to try Shea Moisture hair products for a long time but I usually wanted to wait until I finish whatever current product I was using before I bought.
I recently got my hair colored and the shampoo I had wasn't color safe. Queue opportunity to buy new stuff! And I'm really kicking myself for not trying this sooner! I am LOVING how it leaves my hair. I have naturally frizzy, wavy hair. This has helped keep my hair a little more under control and less wild. And it smells pretty magical. And the best part is its color safe, sulfate free, no parabens, cruelty free, and made with organic, fair trade ingredients.



I Don't Want To Be The Stinky Kid
I cant use traditional perfumes and body sprays anymore because heavily scented products give me headaches. Often I have to dart through department stores because they insist on having their perfume counters right at the entrance. And don't even get me started on Bath and Body Works...
But we will start with the döTerra Beautiful blend. I was able to snag this a few months ago on a promotional and is now unfortunately sold out. I hope they bring it back again! It's a lovely citrusy, floral scent,
I also started using Schmidt's deodorant. I've long been on a search for natural deodorants that don't have aluminum or artificial fragrances. Many formulas ended up being very greasy, leaving armpit stains. Or just not doing its job. Schmidts so far has held up.

Bentonite Clay
Im a big fan of bentonite clay. It's great for drawing out impurities by using a mask for your face and hair, also there is armpit detoxing. Making toothpaste. I have used two different brands both fantastic.
Aztec Secret and Redmond



I think I am going to have to make this into a two part series. I feel like this is getting rather lengthy and I haven't even touched on the kids products yet. That and its time to make dinner... and it's a favorite: Breakfast (for dinner)!!!















Comments

Popular Posts