Mother of the Monkeys

Have you ever had a sudden moment of realization that something you didn't realize before was "your favorite"

Like, pizza. It's everyones favorite. Bananas? No body thinks about bananas.

Today I thought about bananas.

Today I realized bananas are my favorite.

I know this is silly, but really, I love bananas. Beautiful, bright yellow bananas. It's my go to fruit. I love them plain. I love them with peanut butter. I love them on my ice cream.

Which perhaps explains why my children are monkeys.

Speaking of the monkeys; they are wonderful. I've been so impressed with their patience with me these last few weeks. I've had a lot going on.

Firstly, I've been trying to get my dental work up to date. During pregnancy I lost part of a filling, leaving a good size hole in my tooth. It isn't painful; just more of an annoyance. During my appointments to get that addressed, its been noted that my teeth aren't in the greatest shape (4 babies can really do a number on the teeth). Which means more appointments. During my most recent visit to the dentist, it was noted that my wisdom teeth would need to be removed by an oral surgeon.

Joy.

I hadn't been too worried about them at all. They haven't bothered me much at all over the years. Then as if almost on queue, over the weekend, my wisdom teeth about knocked me out. It has been incredibly painful, and sometimes difficult to swallow.

So now we have more appointments.

Now this next part some of you know, for others this is new information, I have a bump on my head. Saying it that ways sounds so simple. I have something called a hamartoma; a noncancerous mass that has grown on the back of my head. I had it when I was born, had it removed. And it has since grown back. However, now, the mass has been pushing on some nerves and has been causing "headaches". For the last 2 years I have done my best to ignore the discomfort. Mostly, it was procrastination at its best. This fall I finally made the phone calls necessary. My general practitioner referred me to an eye, nose, & throat doctor, who also is a plastic surgeon. Where I had an MRI taken and my head examined. Unfortunately or fortunately? Whichever; the MRI was inconclusive. Because of this he is very resistant to do surgery for a second removal procedure.

I was then referred to a physical therapist with the hopes that perhaps a steroid shot to the mass would help elevate my head aches. But because of how nondescript the mass is and how worthless the MRI is, the new doc is unwilling to try the shot.

All of these is causing its own sort of headache. The lack of results drives me mad. However, I'm counting my blessings and giving thanks that it's nothing more serious. It does not impede my everyday life.


So if you could be praying that, this season, with all of its appointments would pass quickly, that healing would come, and that my monkeys can maintain their patience with their mama.

And if the spirit leads you, send bananas (and ice cream)



Comments

Popular Posts