Help?

Tonight was rough. Actually it was really good, until I put Liam to bed. Isaac had been watching a movie and when it was finished he asked for another so I put one in. He ultimately decided that it wasnt what he wanted to watch and threatened to throw it away. So I said if he didnt want to watch it, it was fine but he will just have to play with his trains or read a book. But he insisted on throwing a fit, so I unplugged the TV. Cue bigger fit. He wants his movie back so I stick to my guns- movie stays off. So he begins to scream for Daddy (who is at work). I ask him to be quiet and if he cannot calm down he will need to go to bed. So he's in bed now.

We have been having similar episodes like this alot lately. Isaac has this way of pushing my buttons. He is in bed early now because of it. I am trying to think of what I have done or what I can do to help improve his behavior. I did have to walk away once during his tantrum I needed to calm down because it was making me upset.  Also I feel like alot of times when I say something I am completely ignored.
Well those are my thoughts right now. If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice they would be appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts